Named Yevlakh village of Yelizavetpol province and Yevlakh village of Javanshir in 1920 in the official documents and sources of the 19th century . The USSR Central Executive Committee, the decision of the 1935 th year on February 20, the date was held in Yevlakh region. 1939 th year, 1 February, the USSR Supreme Soviet, according to the decision given the status of Yevlakh city.
There are a number of historical monuments in Yevlakh region proving that Yevlakh is an ancient settlement. E. At the end of the III millennium, the Götpapa mound is located in the area between Karamammadli village and Rustamli village. Nearby, the settlement was the same village as the village of Goeteppe, in 1938 the village was abolished and its population was transferred to the village of Karamammadli. The Shirvan region of Yevlakh region was part of the city of Arash, one of the largest cities of Azerbaijan in the Middle Ages, and the town of Arash, which was taken from this city. It is likely that the city center is located 3 km east of the present Haldan village. Ruins of the city wall remain near Khaldan village. Surrounding area of Khaldan is known today as Arash.
Yevlakh is one of the oldest settlements, located at the intersection of important communications in the center of Azerbaijan for its geographical position. It has been operating also since February 1935. Yevlakh is also a subordinate city. Yevlakh region is bordered by Agdash, Barda, Tartar, Goranboy, Samukh, Gakh, Shaki regions. There are 1 city, 1 urban-type settlement and 48 villages in the district.
Is located 293 km from Baku on the right bank of the Kura river. ( Northwest of Ganja — Gazakh plain, north-west of Garabagh and Shirvan plains). Is on the ancient Silk Road. There is a mild-warm semi-desert and dry desert climate in the winter. Downstream of Kura river, Alican, Korchay and Inchachay passes through the territory. The southern eastern part of Mingachevir reservoir, Varvara water reservoir is located in Yevlakh. Top parts of Upper Garabagh and Upper Shirvan canals are in the district
The area is gray-grass, grass-gray, alluvial grass, chestnut, gray-brown, and most often saline soils. The vegetation is mainly semi-desert. Xerophytes have sparsely spread forests, Tuqay forest, plain pond and subasar meadow, including desert plants. The forest fund is 4450 hectares. Animals: monster, fox, gray rabbit, wild boar, hedgehog, badger, jackal, birds: turac, thyme, cattle, owl, armor, wooden, sarikyo, and so on.