The territory of the Zardab district has not been studied almost entirely from the archeological point of view.
The ruins of glazed and unpleasant household items and dishes, found in Zardab territory (while being plowed on farming work), require the archeological exploration of this area. The widespread distribution of the people in the Bronze Age phase of the primitive community, and the fact that the dwelling places were often built on the riverbeds suggest that people lived in the Zerdab territory from the Bronze Age.
The historian of the 14th century, Abu Bakr al-Qutbi al-Ahari, in the History of Sheikh Uweiss, mentions the history of Hulaku, the Mongol rulers say that during the reign of Abaqa Khan (1265-1282), the Hulakular state was as strong as in 1266, Abaqa Khan said that, from the Kura River and Delan Naur to the Desert Desert, the land of Samegars, Menku-Temur and Ulcay, the land of their descendants, was their winter home … “Delan Naur is spoken of in the Mongol language by” Seventy lakes ” These lakes, called lakes in the Hajigabul-Kurdamir-Zardab areas in the north of the Kura, have been named.
The narrative was in ancient times a large and rich city of Zardab, called Erayiz, near the village of Bıçaqçı. This city was destroyed for some reason. Even now, people in the surrounding villages say to one another: “There is no city in Jerusalem that you can hide and hide, and you will not be able to find it.”
There is a lake named Gandhi in the vicinity of Upper Seyidlar village of Zardab. It is still unclear what this name is about. However, it is known that water in the lake is in the lake. According to local residents, at the depths of the lake there is a building blocked from red bricks, and bricks of this building are red.
The records of the prominent scholars of Barzani’s age, and today, the records of Kelpukand, written in the documents of the end of the Middle Ages, have been written. These historical sources say that there was a ferry in Bridgehand, and caravans from Shamakhi to Garabagh, Georgia, Iran and Iravan passed through this bridge.
Zardab’s first recorded sources in the 1500’s are found in the sources. The book “Atlas of the Azerbaijani SSR” (Baku-Moscow, 1963, page 208) shows that Shah Ismail Khatai and Safavid armies moved from Tzabriz to Erzincan in 1500-1501 in front of the present Zardab city (from the Sheep Tract – these words sheep, gathering sheep, gathering sheep, gathering place) The caviar has gone to Shamakhi. Shah Shah Tahmasib came to Shirvan (1538) and Shaki (1551) with his army, from Javad (Sabirabad region), the cave passed, Zardab (“Sheep of the Shelf”), from here to Gabala and then to Shamakhi. Ogtay Afandiyev wrote in his work entitled “The State of Safavid Azerbaijan”: “I Shah Tahmasib crossed Ganja while returning from Georgia’s march, stopped at the place called Yevlakh … In Zulchik’s 11th” Sheep Tongue “
In the relatively large villages, the generalization of farms has begun. The number of such farms was 74 in Malikli, 69 in Gandang, 52 in Future (then included in the Administrative Territorial Unit of Khazar Zardab), 44 in Gallum, 39 in Burunlu, 37 in Challis and 36 in Visitor. 8 village councils functioned in Zardab. These village councils were later transformed into a Soviet-era village council, functioning as a Soviet people’s council until 1977, and until the collapse of the USSR in 1977.
Zardab, one of the largest villages of the Goychay crash in the 19th and 20th centuries, later developed into a regional center in 1935.
Agriculture plays a special role in the region’s economy. The basis of agriculture is cotton-growing, grain growing, cattle-breeding and cattle breeding. There are cotton-tinning, canning, bakery, bricks, asphalt, milk plants in the district.