Azerbaijan University of Languages
Teaching of foreign languages at the higher educational establishments in Azerbaijan began in 20s of last century. And independent department of foreign languages was established at API (Azerbaijan Pedagogical Institute) first in 1936/37. As there lack of national teachers teaching foreign languages, Azerbaijan People’s Commissars Soviet came to a decision. About “organizing of the school of foreign languages at Azerbaijan Pedagogical Institute” on October 9, 1937.
There are 7 schools, 25 departments at the university, a lot of scientific centers, laboratories activate at present. During a short time the number of the students increased from 3000 to 7000. Permanent Dissertation Council activates on 4 specialties at the University. ” German languages”, “World Literature”, “Theoretical methodic of education and teaching”, “Comparative historic and comparative –typological linguistics”.
Azerbaijan University of Languages that quickly reacts to the reforms in educational system of the Republic passed to the credit education system for the first time among the state higher educational establishments. Center for “Maintenance of the quality” in the frame of project of Tempus for the purpose to keep maintenance of the quality in the focus of attention. To make tight partnership with foreign partners was established. Relations with advanced universities of the world are expanded day by day.