“Baku Oxford School offers an international and intercultural perspective of the world where students’ unique qualities are valued and learner differences accommodated. Life-long learning and leadershipis fostered through self-motivation, creativity and critical thinking.”
“Baku Oxford School aspires to become the international school of choice providing a safe and supportive environment for internationally minded local and expatriate families.”
Encouraging an environment of mutual tolerance, respect and understanding among all cultures in meaningful and engaging learning opportunities while developing a global perspective.
The Oxford Way’
Additionally, In order to promote a Culture of Learning, BOS students and teachers ar expected to embrace ‘The Oxford
As a BOS student, I will always strive to be:
▪ Confident: in working with information and ideas, my own and those of others;
▪ Responsible: for myself and respectful of others;
▪ Reflective: as a learner, ready to develop my own unique ability to learn;
▪ Creative: innovative and equipped for new and future challenges;
▪ Engaged: intellectually and socially, and ready to make a difference in the world.
▪ Ethical: In their outlook and in their action
BOS teachers will always strive to be:
- Confident: In teaching their subject and engaging each student in learning.
- Responsible: For themselves, responsive to and respectful of others.
- Reflective: as learners themselves, developing their practice.
- Creative: In their teaching and approaches to teaching
- Engaged: Intellectually and professionally, and ready to make a difference
- Ethical: In their outlook and in their actions
The school also uses “The Oxford Five” to guide learning behaviour:
- Punctuality- Be on time!
- Preparedness- prepared!
- Personal conduct- Respect for all!
- Participation- I join in!
- Performance- Do my best!